INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information from you when you:
- Register, subscribe, or create an account with Bijoux and share your first and last name, email address, password and shipping address(es);
- Contact customer service or otherwise make use of our customer support tools, including, but not limited to, the content of voice, messaging, SMS, or chat, including through our help center pages;
- Connect, link, message, or "share" our Site via social networking sites;
- Post comments in public areas of our Site, including the content of such comments;
- Provide a product review, including the content of such review;
- Sign up for notifications, including your personal identifiers (such as your email address)
- Report a problem or have a question about our Site or products, you may provide us with personal identifiers, such as your name, and contact information, such as a phone number or email address;
- Purchase a product or sign up for an account on bijouxboutqiuenj.com or in our stores, we may collect:
- Your billing information, such as billing name and address, shipping address, other contact address, and credit card number or debit card number;
- Commercial information, including about your shopping preferences, products purchased, and the stores or website pages you have visited;
- Your demographic information, such as your date of birth and gender;
- Audio and visual information, including when you call us, visit premises that we are responsible for safeguarding, or attend meetings either online or in-person and with your consent we may record online meetings; and
- Use our Site or open our emails, we automatically collect Internet or other electronic network activity information about your device and your usage of our websites or emails through cookies, web beacons or similar technologies, such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or other identifiers, which may qualify as personal information under applicable law; please see the " Similar Technologies" section below for more information; and
- Voluntarily submit certain information to our Site, such as filling out a survey about your experience or entering a contest, sweepstakes, or promotion, we collect the information you have provided as part of that request, including personal identifiers (such as your name and email address).
Social Networking: Certain social media features available on our Site may be hosted by third party sites. For example, some social networking services allow you to share products and services from our Site via your social networking profile. If you choose to make use of third-party social media services (such as Facebook or Twitter), we may receive personal information about you, such as your personal identifiers (e.g. your name and email address), that you have made available through those services. We encourage you to visit those third-party social networking services’ privacy policies and review your privacy settings directly on those services.
Information About Friends or Family: In certain limited circumstances, we may collect information about people you know. For example, when you purchase a gift order for a friend or family member, we ask for the gift recipient’s email address in order to process the gift order. Our Site also may include a "Refer a Friend" feature that allows you to easily forward information about Bijoux to friends or family. If you elect to refer a friend or family member to our Site, we will ask for that person’s email address. We also may send that friend or family member a message on your behalf. We may store this information for the purpose of sending this message and to manage and improve our "Refer a Friend" program. You are responsible for notifying and, where necessary, obtaining the consent of your family member or friend before providing us with their information.
Business Contacts: We may receive your contact information, such as your personal identifiers (including your name, telephone number, and email address) and/or professional or business-related information (including your business address), through our online or offline interactions with you, such as when we work together on a project or discuss opportunities to work together. We may send you emails or call you with information about our business dealings, news, or marketing information to communicate with you for business purposes.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use your personal information in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or authorized by you, including for the following purposes:
- To present, operate or improve the Site, including analysis of Site activity;
- To inform you about products or promotions available from Bijoux;
- To fulfill your order;
- To authorize access to our Site;
- To validate your identity or verify communications from you;
- To offer and administer programs;
- To customize or tailor your experience of the Site;
- To manage, store and enhance your data and preferences;
- To communicate about, and administer your participation in, special programs, surveys, contests, online campaigns, online programs, sweepstakes, prize draws and other offers or promotions, and to deliver pertinent emails;
- To send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate fulfillment of your order;
- For marketing purposes, including but not limited to, facilitating interest-based advertising, creating customer profiles, creating custom audiences to target online and mobile advertising, sending integrated marketing messages across channels and devices, personalizing email and SMS marketing that we send to you, sending you other promotional materials, and notifying you about special promotions, offers, events or opportunities that may be of interest to you or to the extent that you have provided prior consent;
- To improve our customer service, conduct customer satisfaction, market research, and quality reviews;
- To process applications for employment that you submit through the Site;
- To administer general recordkeeping;
- To comply with all applicable legal requirements;
- To manage our contractual relationship with you;
- For any other purpose that is disclosed to you at the point of collection of the personal information, for any purpose for which you provide your prior consent, or for any other lawful purpose.
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit one of our Sites or our services, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store personal identifiers (such as your IP address), Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as your browser characteristics, device IDs and characteristics, operating system version, and language preferences) and information concerning your usage of our Site (including the link you used to reach a given webpage) when you interact with our Site or services from our partners, such as advertising services. Our third-party advertising and analytics partners include Google, Adobe and similar partners.
We collect information about your interaction with the Sites or our services, including the resources that you access, pages viewed, how much time you spent on a page, and how you reached our website. We also log the details of your visits to our website and information generated in the course of using our website, such as mouse movements, clicks, page visits, text entered, how long you spent on a page, and other details of your actions on our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Web Beacons. Pages of our services or our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Clickstream Data. Clickstream data is information collected by our computers when you request web pages from the Site. Clickstream data may include information such as the page served, the time spent viewing the page, source of the request, type of browser making the request, the preceding page viewed and similar information. Clickstream data permits us to analyze how visitors arrive at the Site, what type of content is popular, what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of content on the Site.
Session Information. We also log the details of your visits to our website and information generated in the course of using our website, such as mouse movements, clicks, page visits, text entered, how long you spent on a page, and other details of your actions on our website.
WHEN YOU CHOOSE TO NOT PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your provision of personal information is required in order to use certain elements of the Site. In some instances, if you fail to provide such personal information, you may not be able to access and use our Site or order our products.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Bijoux may disclose your personal information to commercial providers for a business purpose, which include verifying your identity when making a payment. When we disclose personal information for these reasons, we enter into a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except for the purposes set forth in the contract.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers and other third parties we use to support our business, including without limitation those performing core services (such as billing, credit card processing, customer support services, customer relationship management, accounting, auditing, processing insurance claims, administering sweepstakes, surveys, advertising and marketing, analytics, email and mailing services, data storage, and security) related to the operation of our business or the Site, the processing and fulfillment of your orders, and making certain functionalities available to our customers;
- Analytics Providers. We partner with analytics providers, who collect information via tracking technologies on our websites to assist us with measuring visits and traffic on our websites so we can measure and improve the performance of the sites.
- Commercial Partners. We share information with strategic business partners who provide goods, services and offers that enhance your experience with our Site and our products, or that we believe will be of interest to you.
- Merger, sale, or other asset transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, your personal information may be shared with the other parties and advisors involved under an obligation of confidentiality in connection with the negotiation of such transaction, and your personal information may be transferred as part of such a transaction (subject to compliance with applicable laws).
We attempt to notify you about legal demands for your personal information when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
Certain jurisdictions have specific legal requirements and grant privacy rights with respect to personal information, and we will comply with restrictions and any requests you submit as required by applicable law. For example, you may have the right to: (1) obtain a copy of personal information we maintain about you in a portable format; (2) correct inaccuracies or incompletion in your personal information; (3) object to the continued processing or use of your personal information; or request that personal information be deleted. In addition, if you believe that personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below. You may also have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights.
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. When you make a request, we may require that you provide information and follow procedures so that we can verify your identity (and the applicable jurisdiction). The verification steps we take may differ depending on your jurisdiction and the request. Where possible, we will attempt to match the information that you provide in your request to information we already have on file to verify your identity. If we are able to verify your request, we will process it. If we cannot verify your request, we may ask you for additional information to help us do so.
We will respond to your request within the time period required by applicable law. However, we may not always be able or required to comply with your request, in whole or in part, and we will notify you in that event.
YOUR MARKETING CHOICES
You may have certain choices when it comes to how we use your data and we want to provide you with information to make the choices that are right for you.
- Interest-Based Ads and Other Online Advertising. Visit HTTPS://THENAI.ORG/OPT-OUT/BROWSER-OPT-OUT/ or HTTPS://YOURADCHOICES.COM/ to learn more about your options for opting out of interest-based advertising. We do not guarantee that all of the third parties we work with will honor the elections you make using those options. Please also keep in mind that even if you opt-out of receiving ads tailored to your apparent interests, you will continue to see online ads, but the ads that you see therefore may be less relevant to your interests.
- Email and SMS Marketing. You can opt-out of receiving marketing emails or SMS messages from us by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by replying STOP to the SMS message. If we or one of our service providers acting on our behalf have sent you a promotional email, you may use the “unsubscribe” link or send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. Please keep in mind that opting out of marketing emails may impact our ability to allow you access to certain offers, benefits and features. Please also note that even if you opt out of receiving certain marketing emails, that opt-out may not apply to other transactional or legal communications that you may continue to receive from us, such as customer service messages, messages about your account or transactions with us, notices about our policies and terms, and emails responding to your communications with us or requests for information that we receive from you.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
If you have any questions about the privacy practices of other websites, you should contact the parties controlling these websites for more information.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Bijoux maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect your personal information and other information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Although we take reasonable steps designed to protect your personal information, please be advised that no security system or means of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure (including without limitation with respect to computer viruses, malicious software and hacker attacks). We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of your personal information or any information you disclose or transmit to us. We are not responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access, and we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such incidents to the fullest extent permitted by law. Where required under law, we will notify you of any such loss, misuse or alteration of personal information that may affect you so that you can take the appropriate actions.
The Sites and our services are not designed or intended to be used by anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18 (or a minor in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing our Sites or our services), do not use the Site, or make purchases via the Site, use any interactive features of the Site, or post any personal information to our Site. We do not knowingly or intentionally gather personal information about children who are under the age of 16. If a child has provided us with personal information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 16, please contact us email@example.com. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected the Personal Information of a child under 16, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible and cease the use of that information in accordance with applicable law.
CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER OF DATA
If you use our Site or our services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your personal information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the United States regarding personal information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. By using the Site or our services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your data.
As a general rule, we keep your data for only as long as it is needed to complete the purpose for which it was collected or as required by law. We may need to keep your data for longer than our specified retention periods to honor your requests, including to continue keeping you opted out of marketing emails, or to comply with legal or other obligations.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org